Reflections for Advent offers a simple way to make space for Bible study and reflection from Monday 30 November to Christmas Eve (24 December) 2015.
** Please note, owners of Reflections for Daily Prayer app owners, who have bought a subscription that covers this period, do not need to buy this app.**
Each day (excluding Sundays) Reflections for Advent provides daily Bible readings, a reflection by a leading author, and a prayer for the day. For the first time ever in a Reflections app, you can choose between reading the material or having it read to you by the app's integrated audio files.
Reflections for Advent is an ideal way to make space in the busy build-up to Christmas for the quiet, meditative waiting that characterises the Christian season of Advent.
It will help you go deeper in your Advent journey – on the move, at work or at home – by reading or listening to Bible passages and prayers from the Church of England’s Weekday Lectionary for this season in the company of thousands of Anglicans worldwide.
For each day of Advent (excluding Sundays), the app gives you:
– A reflection on a Bible reading
– A Collect (prayer)
– Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer from Common Worship
– Option to read the reflection within a “Simple Morning Prayer” format
– Audio recordings of the above
The daily reflections are written by leading authors Maggi Dawn (Associate Professor of Theology and Literature and Dean of Marquand Chapel at Yale Divinity School, USA) and Barbara Mosse (writer and retired Anglican priest and former lecturer in Christian Spirituality at Sarum College, UK).
Other features of this app:
– A new introduction to Advent by Samuel Wells
– Guides to saying Daily Prayer, Bible reading and a form of Night Prayer
– Browse reflections by date, author and Bible reading
– Bookmark your favourite daily entries for easy reference
– Follow Bible reference links to the online Oremus Bible Browser (NRSV) – no need for a separate Bible app
The Reflections for Advent app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information
Terms of service can be found at