King Kamehameha I is widely popular throughout Hawaii and known throughout the rest of the world. He is most known for being the one to finally unite all of the islands of Hawaii into a single kingdom—the Kingdom of Hawaii back in the early 19th century.
This biography provides an inside look into the public and private life of King Kamehameha I—the people who surrounded him, the decades he spent slowly piecing together and uniting the Kingdom of Hawaii, the years he spent solidifying and ruling that newly built kingdom, and the legacy he left behind.
On reading this book you will not only have a richer understanding of the life and achievements of King Kamehameha I but of the history of Hawaii and how the nation (which later became a state of the United States) was born.
In the six chapters of this biography, you will find:
• A timeline of key events in King Kamehameha I’s life which can be used for quick reference
• Brief biographical descriptions of the key people who were part of King Kamehameha’s I life to help those who struggle with the Hawaiian names orient themselves and keep track of the people involved in the story.
• The full story of King Kamehameha I and everything that is known about his birth, life, achievements, and death.
• A brief overview of King Kamehameha II through V who managed to preserve the kingdom King Kamehameha I tirelessly fought to build and carry on the legacy he left behind.
Whether you are interested in learning more about the man himself or the important role he played in Hawaiian history, this is the book for you!
Your school is a lot more than a center of student learning–it also represents a self-contained culture, with traditions and expectations that reflect its unique mission and demographics. In this groundbreaking book, education experts Steve Gruenert and Todd Whitaker offer tools, strategies, and advice for defining, assessing, and ultimately transforming your school’s culture into one that is positive, forward-looking, and actively working to enrich students lives. Drawing from decades of research on organizational cultures and school leadership, the authors provide everything you need to optimize both the culture and climate of your school, including:
– “Culture-busting” strategies to help teachers adopt positive attitudes, outlooks, and behaviors;
– A framework for pinpointing the type of culture you have, the type that you want, and the actions you need to take to bridge the two;
– Tips for hiring, training, and retaining teachers who will actively work to improve your school’s culture; and
– Instructions on how to create and implement a successful School Culture Rewiring Team.
Though often invisible to the naked eye, a school’s culture influences everything that takes place under its roof. Whether your school is urban or rural, prosperous or struggling, School Culture Rewired is the ultimate guide to making sure that the culture in your school is guided first and foremost by what’s best for your students.
List Price: $ 26.95
Price: $ 3.79
Find More Culture Products